Thank you, MRN @ ACPA
Thank you for another wonderful convention. Our Leadership Team is thrilled to have been able to connect with some members in Las Vegas and hope to continue connecting with other folks throughout the year, whether that is via social media, being on a committee, or creating a program for our next convention year!
At convention, MRN was able to provide some updates to members to help them know about our work this past year. Some highlights include:
- MRN celebrated it’s 10th anniversary in Las Vegas this year. We were able to celebrate our anniversary with many friends and MRN family, including many of our founders. We also participated in CultureFest and read spoken word pieces from members of our Leadership Team!
- MRN had an institute of programs on Critical Applications of Multiraciality during convention. Thank you to our presenters and for finding ways to continue to develop and discuss the complexity of Multiracial identity with the ACPA general membership.
- MRN has focused on partnering and collaborating within ACPA and with other nonprofit organizations, which has lead to projects with organizations such as the National Association for Mixed Student Organizations and presentations at the Critical Mixed Race Studies Conference in November 2012.
- Congratulations to our four MRN Award winners that received recognition during convention. Please join me in congratulating:
- Professional of the Year: Windi Sasaki, UCSD
- Student of the Year: Christina Wright-Fields, Bowling Green State University
- Outstanding Research Contribution: Nana Osei-Kofi, Ph.D, Iowa State University
- Initiative for Multiracial Awareness: National Association for Multiracial Student Organizations
- In 2012-2013, MRN has had the largest Leadership Team in our history… and YOU can be part of it. 🙂
If you’re interested in finding ways to get involved with MRN or have ideas to make this netWORK for you, please e-mail me at hlou [at] smith [dot] edu or contact Membership Coordinator, Ashley Viager at aviager [at] wustl [dot] edu.
Thanks again and I’m looking forward to connecting soon!
MRN Past Chair