Monthly Archives: June 2016
Did you know MRN’s hosting a Twitter Chat for Loving Day this Sunday??
Join us on Sunday, June 12 at 7 pm EST/ 4 pm PST on Twitter to share in the conversation. All you have to do is Tweet and Retweet responses! Tune in on our twitter page at https://twitter.com/ACPA_MRN @ACPA_MRN
Additionally, you can get Loving Day in the White House in 5 seconds!
And when you’re done, please share! We have 30 days to collect 100,000 petition signatures. And if we do, the White House will respond to our request to make Loving Day a federal observance (like a holiday, but the banks stay open).
This is President Obama’s last term. The film “Loving” about Richard and Mildred Loving, is coming out this November. The time is now. Let’s do this!
This is a collaborative effort with our friends in the community, including:
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA) Multiracial Network
- Mixed Marrow
- Mixed Roots Stories
- Multiracial Americans of Southern California (MASC)
- Swirl, Inc
Share with your friends via social media
Sample posts (Twitter friendly):
- Get #LovingDay in the @WhiteHouse in 5 seconds. Sign the petition https://wh.gov/isdTY #multiracial #mixedrace
- Celebrate millions of #multiracial Americans & families. Sign the #LovingDay petition https://wh.gov/isdTY
- .@BarackObama last term. @LovingTheFilm out this Nov. The time is now #LovingDay petition https://wh.gov/isdTY
- Want the @WhiteHouse to celebrate #multiracial Americans & families? Sign & share https://wh.gov/isdTY